These policy documents are also available at the Leasing office:
Affordable Rental and Occupancy Policy
The Tulalip Housing Department is committed to providing quality affordable work-force housing that is decent and safe for eligible Tribal families in our community. The Tulalip Housing Department will strive to make the best use of all available resources so that Tribal families may live in an environment that is clean, well maintained, and attractive. The Tulalip Housing Department's goal is to manage our housing inventory in a manner that is consistent with financially sound property management practices, allowing this program to be a self-sustainable program.
Down Payment Assistance Grant Packet (DPA)
The Down Payment Assistant Policy will govern the funds that provide assistance to qualified Tulalip Tribal members within the designated areas described in section 3 of the policy, and who have not already utilized these funds to purchase a home. Applicants must have already entered into a legally binding purchase agreement of a modular or single family residence.
Housing & Community Development Dept. Down Payment Assistance Program.
The Down Payment Assistance Program is for purchasing your first home on the reservation and even off the reservation within the boundaries of the program. Apply for Down Payment Assistance once you have found a home you want to buy and are in mutual acceptance (the offer was accepted).
Down Payment Assistance Program Policy and Requirements:
- For first-time home buyers that have not utilized the program before
- Awards are given as one per loan even if there is more than one tribal member on the loan. One DPA gift in the amount of $10,000.00
- Applicants must Complete the Tulalip Home Buying Course or another home buying and credit counseling course from a Certified lender or financial counseling agency (each person listed on the Purchase & Sale agreement to provide cert.)
- HomeTrek, HomeBuyer Funds, or WA State Housing Finance Commission
- Applicants must be a Tulalip Tribal Member 18 years or older
- Must provide a copy of the purchase and sale agreement at the time of application
- It can be used towards the purchase of a modular or stick-built home or if buying land and getting a construction loan
- The applicant cannot be delinquent on any debt owed to the Tulalip Tribes
- All awards will be made directly to the Lending Institution or Escrow company
- Home must be inside the northwest GMUs (Map provided upon request)
- Cannot be utilized in combination with Tulalip Bay Home Program through the tribe for the homes the tribe builds.