HUD Housing

About Us

The Tulalip Tribes Housing Department manages 159 rental units that were developed under two housing programs, namely, the 1937 Housing Act and the Indian Housing Block Grant program. To qualify for these programs, families must be Native Americans with an annual income that does not exceed 80% of the median income for Snohomish and King Counties. To check the current income limits summary, please visit the URL provided in the annual posting.

Additionally, applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria, such as having no family members with a history of drugrelated or violent criminal behavior and having no past-due debt to the Tulalip Tribes. Families are required to pay 20% of their monthly adjusted income as rent and provide a security deposit of $500 ($250 for senior citizens). Due to the high demand for these rental units, there is a waiting list, but we are still accepting applications.

At HUD Housing, we prioritize the welfare of our tenants by providing a range of services that cater to their needs and improve their quality of life. Our tenant services department offers resources and information on various topics, including health and wellness, education and job training, financial literacy, and community engagement. By investing in our tenants' well-being, we can foster stronger and more resilient communities.

HUD Maintenance

Our top priority is to provide our tenants with high-quality maintenance services. Our maintenance team is always ready to address any issues that may arise, 24/7. Whether it's a broken appliance, plumbing concerns, or pest infestations, we respond promptly and efficiently to resolve the issue. We understand the importance of timely maintenance to ensure our tenants' safety and comfort and take this responsibility seriously. Additionally, we conduct regular preventative maintenance inspections to identify and address potential issues before they escalate. Our dedication to quality maintenance services is vital in providing our tenants with a superior living experience.


These document resources are also available at the Tenant Services office:

  • Renters Homebuyer Guide
    This book is provided to you by the Tulalip Tribes’ Housing Department. The information in this book includes emergency, safety, health, general housekeeping, pest control, water, and energy conservation. We would like to provide you with all of the tips and advice possible to ensure that your home is safe, healthy, and clean for you and your family for many years to come.

Questions and Answers

  • Pick up or download the Application.
  • Complete all the questions including income, household members’ social security numbers, dates of birth, and tribal numbers. When writing income, please sure to write each source of income separately. Include all household per capita.
  • Make sure all household members are over 18 years of age, sign the application and release of information.
  • Anyone over the age of 18 will need to complete a UA at the Administration office.
  • When submitting application, include proof of income and Tribal ID.

  • Pass background check
  • Pass UA testing – testing takes place at the CDACD offices in the 31st St Building.
  • Tulalip Housing covers the cost for the UA.
    Income qualifications are available on the Maximum Household Limits document. Families over income can still be on the waitlist. We will confirm your income when your name comes up on the waitlist. The limits are changed by HUD annually.
  • Preferences are:
  • Tulalip Tribal Veteran (waitlist preference can be applied once in a lifetime)
  • Tulalip Tribal Member
  • Other Federally recognized tribe
  • All others

There is a separate waitlist for Elders (62+)

It varies, depending on the bedroom size.

Contact your specialist at 360-716-4580 or Maintenance Department at 360-716-4468.
If you have an after-hours emergency, call: 425-622-4855.

No. Inspections are mandatory. Do not leave your unit unlocked, if you cannot be present. Housing staff have keys and can enter to complete your inspection.

Contact your specialist for details.

Tenant Specialists advocate for tenants who may need assistance getting back into compliance with The Tulalip Tribal Housing Department. They can also help with other resources inside and outside of the tribe. Contact them at 360-716-4453.

For More Information



GO HERE to view HUD Housing Maps

Housing After Hours Emergency Line (leaks, electrical issues, locked out):
Phone: 425-622-4855