Tulalip Housing Home Questions and Answers header banner

Tulalip Housing Questions and Answers

tulalip Housing and Construction - All Questions and Answers landing page image

What Is A 184 Loan?

The Section 184 Loan Guarantee Program was created by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 to address the lack of mortgage lending in Indian Country. The 184 program offers a loan guarantee to private sector lenders who make mortgage loans to eligible borrowers for homes located in Indian Country. Follow link for a map of the states that are eligible for Section 184 loan guarantee program.


How Can I Apply To Have A Home Built On My Property Within The Reservation Boundaries?

Once a year our department offers tribal members that own or have property in trust an opportunity to build a home on that piece of land. This is called the Stick Built Home Loan; in the amount of $125,000.00 at a fixed 4% interest rate for 30 years. In order to qualify, the applicant or co-applicant must have a credit score of 630 or higher. All information shared with the TTHAP department is always confidential! This loan is advertised in the beginning of the calendar year. It is open for 30 days. For more loan details please call Ashlynn Crolley or Ilia Brown.

I Want To Renovate My Home; Can The Tribe Help With That?

There are several opportunities for tribal members to renovate their home. In the beginning of every calendar year, the TTHAP program offers a loan in the amount of $30,000.00 at a fixed 6% interest rate for 15 years. Please contact Ashlynn Crolley or Ilia Brown for additional information regarding this program. Furthermore, the Housing Department offers a grant up to $20,000 to low-income tribal members that are currently living in a home that is in substandard condition. More information on this program can be obtained by calling the Housing Department at 360-651-4580.

Is The Site Sanitation Application By Indian Health Services, Something I Can Use Multiple Times?

No. This is only available one time for each individual who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe. Indian Health Services can be contacted by phone at 206-615- 2799.

How Do I Apply For A Home When It Is Available?

We will have applications available in our office and on our forms subtitle when we have a home listed for sale by our department. There is a specified time period that the home is on the market to Tulalip tribal members and their families from the day it is put up for sale. After the specified closing date we will not accept any more applications.

Where Can I Find Out What Homes Or Programs Are Available?

When our office puts a home on the market for Tulalip tribal members and their families, we will advertise this information in the See-Yaht-Sub and Tulalip Broadband Channel 10.

How Do I Know If I Am Qualified For A Loan?

There are several pieces of criteria that need to be met by the applicant and or co-applicant. The applicant or co-applicant needs to have a credit score of 630 or higher and no bankruptcies within the last 3 years. There needs to be documentation of at least 2 years of stable work history/income by the applicant(s). If you would like, the TTAHP staff can set up an appointment to review your application and answer any specific questions you might have. All information shared with the TTHAP department is always confidential!

Does The Tribe Offer Any Credit Improvement Classes Or Counseling?

The TTHAP program has a credit specialist who works directly with clients. The credit specialist will help clients clean up their negative credit history and create positive money management behaviors.

If you don’t have any previous credit history, the credit specialist will work with you to find alternative credit that can be used on your credit report.

There is no cost to Tribal members and/or their families for this service. All information shared with the credit specialist is always confidential!

Where Can I Get A Credit Report?

The TTHAP credit specialist can pull your credit report (from all three credit bureaus) that has the FICO scores attached for $20 from the TTHAP office.

When your credit report is pulled, you have the option to have the credit specialist review that report with you and answer any questions that you may have. All information shared with the TTHAP department is always confidential!

You can also go to www.annualcreditreport.com and receive a free copy of your credit report from all three credit bureaus without your FICO scores, but all your credit history from the last 7 years.

What Are The Office Hours For TTHAP?

The TTHAP staff work Tribal government office hours which is: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with lunch from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM.

The Tribal government offices are closed on most federal holidays (excluding Columbus Day).

Leasing Questions And Answers

When Is My Lease Payment Due?

All lease payments are due on the 1st day of each calendar month. Late fees will be applied if payments are not received by the 6th day of the month.

How Much Are Late Fees?

When past due, late fees are $35 or 15% per item, whichever is greater.

Where Do I Send My Lease Payments?

Send your check/or money order payment to:

Tulalip Tribes
ATTN: Finance Cashier Window
6406 Marine Drive
Tulalip, WA 98271

When sending lease payments, include your Customer Receivable Number or Customer I.D. Number to ensure proper credit to your account.

Can I Make My Lease Payment(s) Online?

Unfortunately, we are not set up for online payments. At this time, we do not have an automated bill pay system.

Can I Make My Lease Payment(s) By Phone?

Yes. You can make your lease payment(s) by phone with a credit/debit card by contacting the Finance Departments Accounts Receivable clerk at 360-716-4353, anytime Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.

When Is My Streetlight Fee Due?

The annual streetlight fee is due on the 1st of January. If the fee is not received by the 6th of January, a late fee will be applied to your account.

How Much Are Fire District Dues?

The Fire District dues are $35.00 a year, and this fee cannot be combined with your regular lease payment. The Leasing Department cannot accept cash.

Where Do I Send My Fire District Dues?

When making a payment for Fire District dues, you must send a separate check/money order made out to Fire District #15. The Leasing Department cannot accept cash.

Address check to:
Fire District 15

Send payments to:
Tulalip Leasing Department
ATTN: Finance Cashier Window
6406 Marine Drive
Tulalip, WA 98271

Can The Leasing Department Send Me My Bill Sooner, To Have More Time To Make A Payment?

Please understand that it is your responsibility to make sure the Leasing Department sends your monthly statement and on time. The statement is a friendly notice to lessees to verify payment history. If you notice any missing payments or discrepancies with your statement, please call the Leasing Department immediately.

When Are Statements Mailed Out?

Typically the Leasing staff pulls a report from the Finance office on the 7th of each month and enters each payment made to the Leasing Department. We strive to send statements out as soon as possible, which usually are sent out by the 15th of the month via USPS.

What Do I Need To Do Before I Sell My Home Or Make A Request For Assignment?

When making a Request for Assignment, the Leasing Department needs proof that the following are current: Snohomish County taxes, lease payments, and water/sewer account. Additionally, a copy of the Purchase and Sales contract must be included with your Request for Assignment application. The Leasing Department must receive the original application. We cannot accept copies or an application via facsimile.

I Am Buying A House On Leased Land; What Do I Need to Do?

You must complete a credit application, attach a copy of the Purchase and Sales contract, and attach the last three years of your W-2’s. The Leasing Department must receive the original application. We cannot accept copies or an application via facsimile.

Where Can I Get: An Application Of Assignment, Credit Application, Leasing Change Request Form, Authorization To Release Information, Sub-Lease Application?

All of these forms can be obtained online, listed under Documents and Forms, or you may obtain any form from the Leasing Department’s office, located at 6319 23rd Ave NE, Tulalip, WA 98271.

How Long Does An Assignment Of Lease Take To Complete?

An Assignment of Lease will vary from person to person and will depend on when the Leasing Department receives all required documents needed to present the application for Assignment of Lease to the Tulalip Tribes Board of Directors.

When Will My Assignment Of Lease Be Approved By The Board of Directors?

The Board of Directors tentatively meet on the first Saturday of each month, and this is when the application for Assignment of Lease would be approved or disapproved. This day may change at any time.

What Is A Processing Fee?

The Leasing Department has a non-refundable $200 processing fee that is used for the preparation of presenting your request to the Tulalip Tribes Board of Directors.

What Is A Transfer Fee?

When a lessee sells their home, and after the Board of Directors has approved the Request for Assignment, a transfer fee of 6% or 8% of the gross sale price of the home must be paid to The Tulalip Tribes within 30 days of approval of the Assignment of Lease application.

What are the Leasing Departments Hours of Operation?

The Leasing Department is open Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM and closed for lunch from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM.

Please be advised that the Leasing Department is also closed on National Holidays.

Tenant Services Questions And Answers


How Do I Apply?

  • Pick up or download the Application.
  • Complete all the questions including income, household members’ social security numbers, dates of birth, and tribal numbers. When writing income, please sure to write each source of income separately. Include all household per capita.
  • Make sure all household members are over 18 years of age, sign the application and release of information.
  • Anyone over the age of 18 will need to complete a UA at the Administration office.
  • When submitting application, include proof of income and Tribal ID.


  • Pass background check
  • Pass UA testing – testing takes place at the CDACD offices in the 31st St Building.
  • Tulalip Housing covers the cost for the UA.

Income qualifications are available on the Maximum Household Limits document. Families over income can still be on the waitlist. We will confirm your income when your name comes up on the waitlist. The limits are changed by HUD annually.

Preferences are:

  • Tulalip Tribal Veteran (waitlist preference can be applied once in a lifetime)
  • Tulalip Tribal Member
  • Other Federally recognized tribe
  • All others
There is a separate waitlist for Elders (62+)

How Long Is The Waitlist?

It varies, depending on the bedroom size.


How Do I Request A Maintenance Work Order?

Contact your specialist 360-716-4580 or Maintenance Department 360-716-4468.
If you have an after-hours emergency, call: 425-622-4855.

Can I Reschedule My Inspection?

No. Inspections are mandatory. Do not leave your unit unlocked, if you cannot be present. Housing staff have keys and can enter to complete your inspection.

How Much Do I Owe?

Contact your specialist for details.

Need Help With More Information As A Tenant?

Tenant Specialists advocate for tenants who may need assistance getting back into compliance with The Tulalip Tribal Housing Department. They can also help with other resources inside and outside of the tribe. Contact them at 360-716-4453.